The Merge will occur at around ETH mainnet block height of 15,540,293 when Ethereum Mainnet hits the Terminal Total Difficulty (TTD) value of 58750000000000000000000. The Merge will occur in two steps, Bellatrix consensus layer upgrade and Paris execution layer upgrade.
ETH Deposits & Withdrawals
We will suspend ETH and ERC-20 token deposits and withdrawals at approximately:
- 2022-09-06 16:30 (UTC+8) for the Bellatrix consensus layer upgrade
- 2022-09-15 08:00 (UTC+8) for the Paris execution layer upgrade
Please ensure you take sufficient risk measures as price volatility is often high during contentious hard forks.
ETH and ERC-20 token spot trading will not be affected.
New tokens by the hard fork event
- After the Merge, if the chain splits into two competing chains and a new token is created. The “ETH” ticker will be used for the Ethereum PoS chain. We will then credit to users’ CoinUnited accounts the forked token from the minority chain at a ratio of 1:1, based on the snapshot of ETH balances before the Paris execution layer upgrade (approximately at ETH mainnet block height of 15,540,293). Withdrawals for the forked token will be supported.
- Further details regarding this distribution will be stated in a separate announcement.
- We reserve the right to update the treatment of the chain split in a further announcement.
- A further announcement will be made regarding the timing for the resumption of deposits and withdrawals, as well as further information about the potential ETH chain split that may affect the above information.
- The Paris execution layer upgrade is estimated to take place at the ETH mainnet block height of 15,540,293. The estimated time is for users’ reference only and is subject to change depending on block propagation times.
- It is your responsibility to understand the implications of the Merge. CoinUnited is not liable for any losses incurred.
- We reserve the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.
If you have any enquiry, please contact customer support immediately at any channels below.
Email : [email protected]
WhatsApp : (+852) 9885 0246